torsdag 20. juli 2017

Top Three Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Today is presentation day for me, which is always a bit scary, so why not start the day with a blog post? I picked up this series from Nandini's blog, where she discusses her top three of a bookish topic every week.

My top three this Thursday will be Top Three Blue(ish) Books I want to read!

1. How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
The Humans is one of my favorite books, and remains the only Matt Haig-book I've ever read. How To Stop Time is the story of Tom Hazard, who has been alive for centuries. He isn't immortal, he just ages veeeery slowly. The only thing he can't do is fall in love. Which I assume he will in the book! 

I can't wait to get my hands on this, and it might be the next book I read. 

2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

All the Light We Cannot See has been sitting on my bookshelf for far too long. Everything I've heard about it has been positive, and it is set in World War 2, which is perfect when you like historic fiction. I wish I'd brought it with me to London, but then again, it might be an ideal book to bring to Paris for my semester abroad this fall! 

I have never read anything by Doerr, but the reviews have been dazzling, and I'm looking forward trying it! 

3. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara


It's blue, right? Kind of?

I have no idea when I first heard about this book, but it has been on my to read-list since November, which means it's time to get around to it. I like stories that are set in New York, because I really want to go there some day, and I enjoy books that follow a group of people over a long period of time. A Little Life has great reviews, and I have high hopes for it! It's super long though, so there's a project...

----

Which books are on your to read-list?

3 kommentarer:

  1. "A Little Life" is a fantastic book which I read last year. You will find yourself with tears streaming down your face or, like me, the need to throw the book against the wall because of anger. Good luck!

    SvarSlett
  2. Hi!
    I'm sorry I took so long to read and respond, but I'm just so happy another human soul is participating in TTT! :D Thanks a lot for linking up.
    I have been wanting to read something by Matt Haig for so very long! I follow him on Twitter and he seems like a gem of a person, but I'm yet to pick up his books. How to Stop Time sounds right up my alley. :)
    I did a similar post for TTT a while back about favourite books with blue covers. Check it out here - https://unputdownablebooksblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/top-three-thursdays-6/
    Side note: I'm using my primary blog address for this as Blogger didn't recognise my book blog credentials, but this is still Nandini. :P (Yeah, I'm crazy to have two blogs.)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi, Nandini!
      You'll love his books! I LOVED "The Humans", and "How to Stop Time" was amazing. He has such a good grasp on, well, humans! I'll definitely check out your post, thanks for commenting :)

      Slett