tirsdag 1. august 2017

Read in July

I cannot believe I have spent an entire month in London! It feels like I just got here, although the shrinking bank account and the mountain of new books say otherwise.

July was a pretty good month reading-wise, and I was actually surprised to see that I finished seven books in July. I liked most of them a lot, some of them a little, and I loved three. 


Read in July
En moderne familie by Helga Flatland (translates to "A modern family")
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Lost Boy by Christina Henry
Bridget Jones's Baby by Helen Fielding
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Always With Love by Giovanna Fletcher
How to Stop Time by Matt Haig

The best book of the month was How to Stop Time -- or maybe The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. They were both impossible to put down, and made me extremely asocial at school! The Norwegian book En moderne familie (translates to "A modern family") by Helga Flatland was also amazing, and can't wait to get my hands on the other books of hers that I haven't read yet. 

The most disappointing book of the month was All the Bright Places. It is a book about a girl who falls in love with a boy who wants to kill himself. I was disappointed that the characters felt flat and hard to relate to. Additionally, Always With Love by Giovanna Fletcher was not as exciting as it could have been. 

The most thought-provoking book of the month was The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. I felt like I was living the story as I read it, the writing was flawless and the story was captivating. More books like this! Read my full review here.

The feel-good book of the month was Bridget Jones's Baby. I love Bridget Jones, and although the story is very similar to the movie, I enjoyed meeting Bridget and her friends again. 

----

To-read in August
In August, I first and foremost need to finish the other six books I bought here in London, preferable within the next eleven days, so that I don't have to bring them all home with me in my already too heavy suitcase. Two days per book, should be fine, right?? 

I just started reading Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor, which is a book about history and time travel - which sounds perfect! Then, among others, there's The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett, Ross Poldark by Winston Graham and Mr Maybe by Jane Green, because we can always use some romantic fluff! 

----

What did you read in July? What was your favorite?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar